About Our Social Enterprise
As we continue to strive towards helping to reduce recidivism, we invite you to join us by investing to help break the cycle of homlessness and prepare youth into careers.
This social enterprise partnership will invest in youth experiencing homelessness to help break the cycle, kickstart professional portfolios and fast track into a retail career.
What is a social enterprise?
A social enterprise is an organization that applies commercial strategies to maximize improvements in financial, social and environmental well-being . Using this approach we look to maximize social impact by helping to reduce recidivism, rebuild lives and break cycles of homelessness through pathways to careers in the retail indsutry.
Retail is the #1 private sector employer in the country; it offers a myriad of opportunities for people of all backgrounds. When you think of jobs in retail, sales associate and store manager are probably the positions which come to mind.
But what if we told you that 44% of people who work in retail don’t work in sales?
Retail offers flexible, collaborative careers in supply chain, data science, marketing, technology, finance, engineering and design — to name just a few. Upon completion of this program, each participant will receive a nationally recognized certificate from the National Retail Foundation that shows the participant is prepared with the skills needed to launch a career in retail. This also places participants on a pathway to employment with the 150+ NRF retail partners across the country.
With your investment each participant will:
- Access merchandise from Monarch Thrift Shop such as clothing for interviews, day-to-day attire, shoes, accessories and more.
- Kickstart their resume by obtaining hands-on training at Monarch Thrift Shop.
- Receive training materials.
- Access technology needed to successfully complete the program.
- Access the safe-space classroom and be guided by a certified instructor.
- Receive CTA cards for transportation.
- Receive meals.
- Receive mentorship support
- Receive Called to Create care kits (hygiene products, PPE, art kits to aid in mental health) and
- Receive Cohort stipends.
Learn more about investing here!
With a combined 15 years of impact, we bring you the social enterprise building pathways to careers in the retail industry. Join us by investing to help break the cycle of homlessness and prepare youth into careers.